AROUND THE BLOCK
The Blockchain Entrepreneurs Club South Africa (BECSA) is proud to announce their inaugural event on 12 June 2018!
To mark the occasion, we cordially invite you to attend Around The Block – an evening of leading presentations, discussions and networking; aimed at all levels of knowledge encompassing blockchain and entrepreneurship.
Sponsored by Standard Bank and in partnership with The Festive Collective, a significant portion of the proceeds will be donated to our chosen impact hero, Molo Mhlaba.
Venue: Standard Bank, Ground Floor Auditorium, 30 Baker Street, Rosebank, Johannesburg
17:30 – 18:00: Registration
18:00 – 19:30: Presentations, discussions and Q&A
19:30 – 21:00: Networking, drinks & snacks
Master of Ceremonies:
• Aatish Ramkaran
(Digital Architect – Nedbank | Co-Founder – Blockchain Entrepreneurs Club South Africa)
• Melina Mutambaie: About the Block
(I.T. Business Analyst – Chase Software | Director – Blockchain Entrepreneurs Club South Africa)
• Llewellyn Morkel: Blockchain For Financial Inclusion
(Founder – Prosperiprop)
• Alexa Michaels: Blockchain Challengers for International Remittances
(Director – Blockchain Entrepreneurs Club South Africa)
• Paresh Daya: The Bourne Blockchain Identity
(Blockchain Strategist – Standard Bank | Chairman: Technology – South African Financial Blockchain Consortium | Director – Blockchain Entrepreneurs Club South Africa)
* Speaker list subject to change prior to event.
For security purposes, those that will be driving to the event will need to complete their vehicle registration details during the checkout process. Basement parking can be found on Cradock Avenue.
Those that do not require parking, please enter “N/A” in the vehicle input box.
• Standard Bank
Standard Bank of South Africa Limited is one of South Africa’s largest financial services groups, operating in 20 countries across Africa and other key markets around the world. Providing the full spectrum of financial services through Personal and Business Banking, Wealth and Investment & Corporate and Investment Banking.
• The Blockchain Entrepreneurs Club South Africa (BECSA)
BECSA exists to create opportunities for growth in the local ecosystem, based on blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
We are dedicated to:
• Blockchain and cryptocurrency education
• Networking and engagement amongst like-minded entrepreneurs
• Fostering the creation of business opportunities
• Being socially responsible by highlighting and supporting a cause that can benefit from this ecosystem.
• Festive Collective
Festive Collective is a fun campaign that connects festive season dinners, parties and gatherings (collectives) of any size anywhere via social media to support and raise awareness of an impactful cause.